Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Victory is mine! Chris 1 - State 0

As a means of explaining why I hadn't posted anything yesterday, I had a trial this afternoon and was preparing myself for that. Its a somewhat time consuming process, I printed up the necessary three copies of 4 different judgements which were the relevant caselaw, highlighted the relevant passages and went through a good amount of paper and ink in the process. But at the end of the day I was fairly confident in the case I was going to present.

However, after I managed to get my principal to court and stacked my authorities on the table before me, the crown had a conversation with the arresting officer and decided thereafter not to call him as a witness. Hence they had no evidence and the case was dismissed.

Well, its a W, although an anticlimatic one. As gratifying as it is to win, perhaps yet having the naivity of a first year law student I was looking forward to grilling the witness and speaking before the court. Everyone wants their "you can't handle the truth" or McCoy moment in the sun. Ah well, I won - yea me!

1 Comments:

At 7:06 a.m., Blogger K. Shoshana said...

Just you wait, the bloom will be off the rose in 6 months and then all your clients histories will all start to sound the same.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogroll Me!
Seo Blog - free blog hosting! Publish your blog for free! Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blogwise - blog directory Blog Search Engine Listed on BlogsCanada
Search Popdex:
Listed in LS Blogs